SWA is committed to research and innovation across a wide range of areas in order to improve our knowledge and expertise while adding value for our clients and enriching the quality of our product.
We are able to draw on a wide circle of expertise, both academic and professional, to support this side of our business.
- exploring sustainable solutions
- post-occupancy evaluation once our buildings are handed over
- testing new technical solutions
- exploring the role of the user throughout the design stages
- exploring new processes that lend new insights to our projects.
Featured Research Projects
Stock Orchard Street
Exploring the dialogue between life and work
Sandal Magna Primary School
Award winning built version of the BSF Exemplar School
NWC Embodied Carbon
Driving down the carbon footprint of new homes
to view all of our research projects, navigate via the list on the left
On paper Writing
Reflecting on what we do is an important part of our work, helping us to clarify intent, learn from our successes and failures, define our specialisms and disseminate our findings to others.
To see examples of Sarah's writing in print, see Publications